If you are looking for a nice insulated dog house but are perplexed because of so many options here’s our honest review of Petsfit Dog House Outdoor. Petsfit is a factory direct sales brand that came into existence in May 2013. The brand is considered as one of the premier choices in dog houses and it offers a plethora of high quality pet products and supplies. Their dog houses are made and designed by people who really know dogs. So, does the Petsfit Dog House Outdoor stand up to the expectations from this brand? Let’s find out.
The Petsfit Dog House is made from strong, heavy-duty and kiln-dried cedar wood to ensure that it can sustain even the most extreme temperatures. The kiln-dried cedar is the best material used for making wooden dog houses as it doesn’t get damaged easily and is resistant to insects and pests. This is also one of the smoothest materials available so there are no wood splints.
The external façade of the dog house is coated with a natural color stain which further helps to prevent pest infestation. It is non-toxic for your dog and does not produce any irritable odor. The natural smell of cedar wood has a calming effect on the senses.
The dog house comes in four different sizes so you can choose the one that suits your dog breed. Please consider the maximum height your dog will reach once it becomes an adult before buying a dog house. It should be spacious enough for your dog to enter, turn and lie down comfortably.
We were impressed to find that the dog house has strong and reliable flooring which can easily withstand the impact of larger dog breeds. It is slightly raised from the ground level so this ensures that it will not succumb to decay. The moisture can easily pass from below and let the floor stay dry. This not only prevents the wood from damage but also saves the house from getting too cold during winter months.
Furthermore, the floor is made from plastic instead of wood so this further ensures that the floor does not get wet even when there’s a lot of water underneath. The roof has one slanted panel with a grooved design to provide better drainage.
The dog house comes with a nice flap which further insulates the house and helps in keeping it cool during summer. The presence of a flap instead of a door ensures that air easily circulates inside the house and your pet feels comfortable.
Features of the Petsfit Dog House Outdoor
- Measures 45.7 x 31.9 x 30.7 inches
- Weighs 59.5 lbs.
- Made from natural cedar wood
- Asphalt roofing
- Maximum capacity of the dog house is 75 lbs.
- Door measures 15″ x 21.7″
- Weather resistant
- Door flap
- The dog house appears sturdy and well made
- It is raised from the ground so your dog will never have a wet bed
- There’s a lot of room inside
- It is airy inside so your pet will be comfortable on summer days
- The roof is functional and it can be removed for easily cleaning inside the house
- Setting up the house is pretty easy and it can be done in a few minutes
- It comes with a user manual that contains full instructions
- Grooved design of the roof ensures that water does not stay on the top
- It comes with eaves to protect your dog from outside elements
- There are pre-drilled holes if you wish to fix the dog house to the ground
- It offers wooden insulation which may not be enough for places with extremely low temperature
- It can hold dogs of only up to 90 lbs. of weight
- The structure is not very durable in an event of storm
We really liked the strategic design and quality of the Petsfit Dog House Outdoor. After reviewing it thoroughly we can say that it has actually been made by people who love and know dogs. There’s thought behind each and every design and feature. Every aspect of the dog house ensures that your pet stays healthy, safe and happy. From the slanting roof and plastic flooring to the slight elevation from the ground, everything speaks of high quality.
Despite being a good quality product, it comes at a reasonable price and we really appreciate that. We feel this outdoor dog house is perfect for all types of climates. However, the structure may not be durable to sustain a hurricane or thunderstorm.